Saturday, September 5, 2015

Summer Semester

This summer, by far, has been the FASTEST summer ever.  It has flown by!  I can't believe we are back to school (and back to work) tomorrow.  I'm always sooooo sad when summer ends...didn't it just begin?!?!?  My heart is heavy thinking about not spending so much time with my littles. My early mornings workouts with Ayden have come to an end. Allie and I will no longer be able to read our library books and watch reruns of Full House while Ayden naps. We won't be able to run up to the park with the double stroller to play the morning away anymore.

Although my precious moments will have to wait a whole year to occur again...I can look back on summer 2015 with fond family memories. Memories of evening Popsicles and ice cream; after dinner walks behind the mini-coupe through the neighborhood; our vacations up north, down south, out east, and to the tropics. This summer was also filled with...

...friendships and playdates...



 
 
 


...backyard quality family time...



...Vacation Bible School...


 

...gymnastics classes...
 



...and Impressions 5...


 
 ...just to name a few.

Although summer vacation has come to an end, I'm looking forward to taking my Allie girl to school with me...as she begins her Pre-Kindergarten year at Gretchko Elementary...my NEW school! The mommy in me wants to reflect on one more summer gone goodbye...while the teacher in me is reporting on my two little friends this summer semester.

AYDEN HAMMERICK:
Ayden is silly, snuggly, and a happy boy.  He earned the name Spiderman this summer due to the fact that he mastered his cabinet climbing and can successfully reach the top to turn on the faucets.  Ayden is working on his temper.  He will often fall to the floor and cry if he does not get what he wants.  Playing outside, taking walks and going bye-bye are a few of Ayden's favorite things.  Although he is improving, Ayden loves his Mommy and cries when she leaves.  Ayden continues to love to read and will ask for another book to be read to when it's bedtime. 

ALLIE HAMMERICK:
Allie is cheerful, loving, and helpful.  At times she can be sassy and will need reminders to be a good role model for her brother.  This summer, Allie learned to swim without floaties in swim class.  Allie continues to work on riding a two-wheeler and is making good progress.  I just love how caring Allie can be with her brother.  She comforts him and will help him often.  I'm so proud of how well Allie uses her manners when she is with her friends and at her friends' houses.  She makes sure to say "Thank you for having me" when leaving.  Allie can count past 100 and has started to read word families.  Allie continues to work on her letter sounds.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment