Friday, February 13, 2015

T'was the Day Before Valentine's...

The Hammerick's are all ready to show our love and gratitude to the ones near and dear to our hearts.  The kiddo's Valentine's are all made for their friends and teachers.  The house is all decorated to make the fun times ahead...just a little more memorable.  This year I made Allie and Ayden a cute Valentine mailbox with my new Cricut.  They came better than expected.  Next year I think I'll add some little treats in them here and there on the days leading up Valentine's Day.






Nana and Papa had a little Valentine love to share earlier this week.  Allie loved her glitter glue that she used to make all her cards for her teachers and cheer coach.  Ayden loved his FOOD...Teddy Grahams and pouches.
 
 


Allie's teachers  asked for her to bring in a box or bag to collect her Valentine's on the day of her party.  So, last Sunday her and I had a little crafting session on our kitchen floor while Ayden napped.  I brought some goodies home from my stash at school and we searched through all my scrap paper from various orders.  Allie's butterfly box came out LOVELY!  She did ALL the cutting, punching, beading, and most of the gluing.  I think she is taking after me on the craftiness.




Her teachers also asked if Todd and I would write her a Valentine card so they could read it aloud at her party.  This is what I came up with last night.  These photos are from our last photo shoot in September.  I picked ones that had one of each of us and Allie in them and included a little love letter on the inside. 

 


This morning I took the morning off so I could be a mommy to my Allie girl at her Valentine party.  I got to sleep in an hour, but trying to shower and get ready for the day with these two up...what a challenge.  However, we managed...all dressed in our Valentine's clothes.  Recognize Ayden's shirt?  He wore that LAST YEAR!  It happen to fit him this year although the sleeves were a little short.



First, we stopped at Lynnie's to drop Ayden for the day and visit for a bit.  Everyone was thrilled to see Allie...especially her Valentine, Robby!!!  Allie was just a thrilled.



Ayden had some Valentine goodies during the day with all his friends.  Yum, yum!  Heart shaped little cakes...apparently, his favorite.


 
Next stop was Allie's school.  Allie enjoyed some doughnut holes and hot chocolate before passing our her Valentine's.  Allie was very excited about all the Valentine's (and treats) she collected.  Ms. Sue read her card aloud too.



Allie, Sanchita, and Abigail



After school, these little guys dug into their goodies.  Ayden gobbled up the cookies he got and the only thing Allie wanted was her super long lollipop from Sanchita.



Today was lots of fun, but I have a little something special planned out for my three loves tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment