Monday, November 24, 2014

SK8R Girl

Tonight marks another first for this brave' girl. It was family skate night at Bonaventure for my school.  So, I dug out my teal-wheeled speed skates from the 80's and off we went.  My students love when I go.  Allie was so excited.  It's a win-win. 
 
Allie wanted the skate trainer and used it for a bit.  She got a little more brave as the night went on.  Then...she totally ditched it...right in the middle of the roller rink.  Luckily, one of my students was out there with her and brought it back...Allie just LOVES when my students take an interest in her.  Allie participated in her first race and got a special drink to top it all off. 
 
Allie left when I told her to go...but not very willingly.  The whole way home Allie asked when we could go back...and when she could get her own roller skates like me?  I think we may have an item for her birthday list.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment