Monday, September 22, 2014

Mommy Guilt

Every working mom gets it...Mommy Guilt. I've had quite the case of it lately. New school, new grade, new team = TOO MUCH WORK!  I've neglected my own children while making it a point to put my whole heart and soul into making the first days with my school family the best ever. I'm pretty confident I've succeeded in creating a warm, loving, yet structured environment where my kids (in my school family) feel loved, excited to learn, proud, and just overall happy...what every parent wants for their child at school. I like my new school...and I really do love my class this year!!!  

After working so hard all day long, I come home to dinner usually prepared by my husband (so thankful I don't have to waste time on that...thanks, Todd), and then I'm back working on something that needs to be prepped, read, or made. It's ridiculous how I feel like a first year teacher all over again.  Only this time with two small, very needy kids at home. I help put the kids to bed, then I'm back at it again on my laptop in bed. 

My sweet, poor children all this while have missed their mommy. I've missed out on the sweet giggles and goofy scrunched-nosed smiles. I've missed out on the warm cuddles and "Let's talk about your day, Mommy."  Work is FINALLY starting to calm down and I feel like I have a good handle on things to point I don't have to work 24-7 in order to just make it through the next school day. I want my family back. 

I'm sorry Todd, Allie and my sweet Ayden, who will only be a baby for just a short amount of time longer. I promise to pay attention to you more. I promise to leave school at a decent hour. And I promise to make this fast paced life we live slow down as much as possible. Thanks for helping Mommy with dinner, read my lesson plans, and set up my classroom. I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment