Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Summer Semester

I would like to say that this is the saddest day of the summer (the day before I officially report for work)...but that day happened about three weeks ago when I went into school to unpack my new classroom and set up my room for the start of a new school year in a brand new building...and I've been there every day ever since (sad face).  I have major mom guilt with lots of anxiety about teaching third grade...along with being TOTALLY overwhelmed from all the things I've been making and getting ready for open house and the first day of school.  I can't help but feel extremely SAD that this summer is long gone and the next summer I'll have with my baby boy, Ayden...he won't be my BABY anymore. 

This summer has been quite busy with my two little friends...making my most cherished time with my kiddos speed by even faster than what feels like the speed of light. We've had tons of play dates, went to stroller fitness class on and off, completed Etsy orders, cooked together, took walks together, and spent lots and lots of days (and sometimes nights) together.  The mommy in me needs to reflect on my very last BABY summer...and the teacher in me decided to give my little rays of sunshines a report card...for the summer semester.  I'm proud to report that BOTH my littles passed with flying colors.



AYDEN HAMMERICK:
Ayden is sweet and snuggly.  He is a joy to be around and I look forward to all the love I get from him every day.  Ayden has been on the move. He perfected his crawl, is cruising around furniture, and has recently taken 4 steps on his own. Ayden knows how to say Mama, Dada, and Uh-oh.  Ayden grew one whole tooth and is expecting lots more any day now.  He has completely forgotten how to take a bottle and has been using the food on his tray to practice his pitch.  Ayden can feed himself with a spoon now, but is working on eating neatly. Ayden is secure at turning pages in his books when being read to.  Mama, Dada and Uh-oh are Ayden's favorite words. 

ALLIE HAMMERICK:
Allie is energetic, outgoing and soooo very fun!  I appreciate her willingness to help her brother and play with him often.  She is a positive role model and a wonderful helper.  Allie has perfected riding her bike with training wheels and continues to work on her jump roping skills.  She has made a couple new friends this summer and has become more confident in herself.  I'm so proud of how brave Allie was when she attended summer camp at her new preschool.  Allie takes pride in her appearance and can dress herself.  Allie is now comfortable with jumping into the pool on her own and going under water (most of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment