Saturday, January 11, 2014

Allie's First Cheer Competition

My little Allie girl is following in her momma's footsteps. This little girl makes one cute cheerleader!  For the past couple months Allie had been going to cheer practice at a gym that is super close to our house (lucky for us). She's been in gymnastics classes and swim classes for the past year and a half...but she had no idea what a cheerleader was (even though she pretended she did). I pulled up a couple cheer videos on YouTube and asked her if she would like to do what those girls are doing. "YES!"

So, while I'm off on my maternity leave I figured now was as good of a time as ever to get her involved. Cheer gyms take girls as young as TWO!! ...as long as they're potty trained...can't have a bubble butt in your boots shorts. 

Allie has been enjoying going to cheer practice. The first couple times it took her a good 30 minutes to get warmed up to our coach and her new teammates. But now she looks forward to going to practice. 

All those Sunday practices led up to our first cheer competition. Another first for Allie. I was more of a nervous wreck than her...and a little emotional. I got a little teary-eyed watching the team perform with their uniforms on the night before. I was so proud of her...she IS the youngest on the team. Even though she has a helper, thanks Diya, Allie does her moves and SOMETIMES remembers where to go when she changes formations. 

Allies MWX uniform is the cutest thing ever!  She wanted to sleep in it the night before the competition!!  She loves the sparkles!  



Go SNAP POPS!!!  Check out that stunt!



Watch my jump!  I'm all smiles!!



Time for some tumbling!!  I'm a pro at this forward roll. 



They had an adorable ending!  Allie loved walking around in a circle and falling to the ground as Kohen blew a kiss to the judges. Soooo cute!!!






Allie was so proud of herself...as were Todd and I. I'm amazed at how well she did. I'll be honest...I for sure thought she was going to trip on the mat on her way out on stage, OR have to go to the bathroom just before their team was called out there. She did great!

Allie was so proud of her medal and hung it up in her room when she for home.  GO ALLIE!!  You're going to make one awesome cheerleader!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, Allie is so adorable in her cheer uniform! She looks so happy and energetic while doing their routine. That forward roll is just too cute for words. I bet you were one proud Mama. Having your daughter follow your footsteps is not something that happens to everyone, so I'm really happy for you. No doubt that she'll be an awesome cheerleader. It runs in the blood. Hahaha! Anyway, thanks for sharing that momentous event. All the best to your family!

    Jennine Stalder @ UE Sports

    ReplyDelete