Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Gingerbread Houses 2013

One of my new favorite Christmas traditions is making gingerbread houses with Allie...and now Ayden too. Aunt Jess always hosts the gingerbread house party. The kiddos and I came with our share of candy. Allie was as excited as ever to make her house. Ayden patiently waited his turn from his car seat, watching Allie and I work on her house. I built her frame and she did all the decorating this year...a step up from last year.  Allie was however, much more interested in eat the candy..."Mom, caaaan I eat this piece?" In between each piece of candy she stuck to her house. I'm pretty sure she sampled almost every variety of candy.





After Allie had a good start on her house, I made one for Ayden.  He supervised while I quickly worked away. The finished products were as cute as ever. 






The Christmas village of gingerbread houses. Allie and Ayden's were the two smallest (but sweetest) houses on the block. I guess they are living on a teacher's salary...maybe their gingerbread men got a paycut this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment