Friday, December 27, 2013

Ayden's Nursery

I'll admit it...Ayden's room wasn't done before he was born.  He did arrive TWO WEEKS early though!  I designed his room, picked out the furniture and fabrics, and put my personal touch on a few things.  I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how it came out!  I love the colors!  I love the fabrics! I hope he grows to love it as much as I do.
 
All of the bedding, curtains, and pillows were handmade.  I ordered them from Etsy.  I wanted something new, clean and modern.  Chevron is the new hottest print.  Paired with the traditional polk-a-dot and a few other modern prints...and you have one unique and fun nursery for this baby boy.
 
 

 
 
I bought some multi-packs of square canvas' and used the extra fabric and ribbon to cover them.  They came out really well!
 


The ONLY thing I would change in his room is the rocker.  This was Allie's rocker.  We took it out of her room slightly after finding out we were expecting.  We didn't want it to be such a big adjustment when the baby arrived.  If I could have gotten a new rocker, I think a grey one would have look fabulous in here.



My grandmother made the bunny.  It's been in the family for a LONG time.  I made the footprint heart art.  My cute little one month old baby feet.



I also made this art piece on Photoshop.  Super cute and it matches so well!  It's also for sale in my Etsy shop ... https://www.etsy.com/listing/175233154/personalized-baby-nursery-wall-art-decor?ref=listing-shop-header-1



This bench was a hand-me-down from a friend.  Thanks to my dad for painting it white for Ayden.  It stores his baby toys at the moment, but someday it will make a great reading spot for him.




I added the navy and grey ribbon to this lamp I picked up.  The frame I painted in a matching chevron print and added Ayden's name to it.  Thanks Auntie Ellen for the Tot Clock!  Let's hope he uses it better than his sister is using it right now.



Handprint memorabilia.  Those sweet little hands will forever be remembered.



Allie willingly gave up some of her FBI apparel..the non-pink stuff.




What is not to love about this adorable elephant pillow???  Thanks Nana! 


 

3 comments:

  1. Love the room. What color was used on the walls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the color on the wall. What's it called?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the color on the wall. What's it called?

    ReplyDelete