Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Allie's First Haircut

Allie is just over three years old and has finally got her very first haircut...today. Allie was a bald little baby for quite sometime. It took a while for her sweet baby curls to grow out. Her hair was short still at her first birthday...too short still really to clip any flowers or bows into it. At two years old Todd asked me when I was going to cut her hair. I still couldn't bring myself to cut off her BABY HAIR.  A while back I learned about an old wives tale about not cutting your daughter's hair until you conceive again. I'm not really superstitious but when it pertains to anything having to do with conception, pregnancy, and babies...I'll do and believe just about anything.

After becoming pregnant with Ayden, I still couldn't bring myself to do it. I know it sounds silly, but I didn't want to take that chance of messing up anything with my pregnancy. Now that Ayden was carried safely for 9 months and delivered a happy and healthy boy...I figured it's about time to give Allie a little trim before the holidays. 

Allie was a little unsure at first when I told her we were going to get her haircut. She wanted to know if was going to hurt. I assured her it wouldn't. A teacher friend of mine cuts and highlights my hair...and now Allie's too. Allie sat so still and was a brave little champ throughout her first haircut. I tied off a section of her hair so I could save it for the baby book.


No comments:

Post a Comment