Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

I'm thankful for so many things this year...
 
I'm thankful of course for my health, for the gym in my basement that motivates me to use it everyday (almost, everyday), for the healthy pregnancy and a QUICK and healthy delivery with no complications. 
 
I'm thankful I have a job that pays the bills, allows me to live in my REALISTIC dream home, and gives my kids the opportunity to have so much and do so many things in life.  Even though I have a brand new staff, principal and mix of kiddos...and even though I only worked 8 days in the school year (which felt like 8 weeks all crammed in...trying to unpack 160+ boxes, set up a NEW classroom, become familiar with a new school, staff, and principal, prepare a sub that I DIDN'T have for the first 2 months of school...all while being pregnant was EXHAUSTING!)  However, I'm thankful for the new friends I made.
 
I'm thankful for my husband who works hard at his job all day long then comes home and works even harder with his family.  I know he is exhausted from taking a certain little someone in our house to the bathroom 2 (sometimes 4) times a night then try to get her to go back to sleep when all she wants to do is talk the night away.  He pays our bills, makes sure our kids will have their college paid off when it's time for them to go, and invests money into retirement/pension/something or other I honestly don't know anything about.
 
I'm thankful for my mother-in-law for all the hours of babysitting you do for us (dad too).  I know you love to spend time with these two turkeys, but they can be EXHAUSTING!  I know!  We appreciate all you do for us and for being there time and time again.  For all the meals you take us out to and for just coming over to hang out with me so I have another grownup to chat with.
 
Finally, I am thankful for these two little turkeys.  These two give me a purpose in life.  They make me laugh (and cry).  They make my heart melt.  They make me proud and just plain happy, all while making me want to throw in the towel each and every day.  I'm so thankful Ayden joined our family this year.  He was truly a blessing.  I'm thankful for all the time I got to spend with them these past few months.  It's going to be real hard returning back to work. 

 
 
 
This Thanksgiving, I made Ayden a little turkey hat to match his little turkey bib.  Todd was digg'n his Lion's sleeper.  Thank goodness they WON this year!!!  Allie loved her new "pink" turkey shirt and matching turkey bow.
 
 
 
Allie's annual turkey day gift was a turkey craft to keep herself busy today, some thanksgiving window clings to keep herself more busy today, a new fun turkey plate to have lunch on, and some candy corn to take to the movies!
 

 
 
I think Todd may have started a new tradition...what a better way to spend Thanksgiving morning (before the football game) than at the movies.  This was Allie's first ever movie.  Our family of FOUR (Ayden included) saw FROZEN.  Allie seemed to like it.  I had to explain what was going on every now and then, but she really liked her candy corn!
 
 
 
Fun Thanksgiving day lunch on her new plate...
 

Dinner was at Nana's house...I'm thankful I was only in charge of dessert!  Cooking dinner all day long just does not appeal to me.  All I picture is me stressed out and a sweaty mess.  No thank you!  I'm so glad Todd's mom offered to cook and CLEAN UP (well, Papa helped in that department too).  Thanks Kath for another great meal.  It was deeee-lish!

 
 
Here's my contribution...I'm good at making things look cute and dessert was no exception.  Turkey cookies and an oven baked, creamy, yummy pumpkin pie...straight from Costco.  Why try to recreate when someone already does it best?
 



So thankful my dad joins us on Thanksgiving.  Allie (and now Ayden) really love you. 



Since Thanksgiving fell so close to Allie's birthday this year, she got to open a few gifts from Auntie Ellen and Uncle Joe, Papa Ray, and Nana and Papa Ralph.  Nana had a little cupcake for her too.  Allie got a LOT of Sofia stuff (pajamas, slippers, books, a doll, magnets), a princess castle tent, and Tag Jr. reader and a couple books.

 
 
This year, there was a lot to be thankful for.  There is not a moment that goes by that I forget all that I'm blessed with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment