Friday, February 1, 2013

BIG, BIG News!!!

That's right!!! The Hammerick's are expecting!!! Surprise! It was a HUGE surprise for us as well. We had figured all hope was lost and we were ready to high tail it back to the fertility doctor. After a few days of feeling under the weather, super tired, and out of breath after I walked up the stairs... I started thinking something was up. But, after months and months of disappointment I denied myself of taking a pregnancy test because I couldn't stand the thought of being disappointed...one...more...time. When I started falling asleep at my desk at school and the smell of coffee made me want to up chuck my dry Cheerios I choked down for breakfast...I figured I didn't have a choice.

While Todd was at bowling I scrummaged through our bathroom drawers looking for the only pregnancy test I had left (from before Allie was born). It came out positive...or at least I thought it was...I text a photo of the pregnancy test to two of my friends just to make sure I was reading it correctly. Then, Allie and I threw on our coats and took a little field trip to CVS. I came home and took two more...same results!!! Positive!!!

I couldn't wait for Todd to come home to share the news. He was in denial...as was I. This just doesn't happen to us. It never has. We feel very blessed and are so excited to give Allie a little brother or sister come September.



This is the first to MANY chalkboard photos to come.  Idea from blogs like Little Baby Garvin and Becoming the Barr's.  As soon as I found out I was pregnant I made a dash for the Salvation Army and bought the frame with some ugly poster in it that I threw away.  I bought self adhesive chalkboard vinyl and stuck it on...Whaaa-laa!  Instant chalkboard to track baby number 2's weekly progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment