Monday, December 10, 2012

On the 3rd Day of Christmas...

...the mall is where I'll be...Santa Claus is who I shall see.

This year I thought we were going to have the CUTEST picture taken with Santa.  Grandma and I both talked and talked to Allie about Santa.  What she was going to tell him.  How she gets to sit on his lap.  How she gets to wear a pretty dress.  I even had my bag of M&M's all ready to go to bribe Allie to sit on his lap.  We dressed Allie in her cute Christmas dress and sparkly red shoes she loves so much.  We thought we were all set to see the big jolly guy. 



Boy was I wrong!!!  Within MINUTES of seeing Santa, Allie grabbed onto me with her death grip.  There was no way I was going to be able to pry her off of me.  I pulled out the M&M's and asked her if she wanted them and she gladly took them from me.  However, when I told her she could have some after she took her photo with Santa...she quickly tossed them aside as fast as her fingers could let go and said, "No want them!"  Never has she refused an M&M bribe...NEVER! 

After letting about 3 families go ahead of us in hopes Allie would warm up, I finally pulled her off of me crying and squirming and sat her on Santa's lap.  Santa is a trained professional.  He scooped Allie up and I quickly straightened her dress that was pulled all the way up to her chin.  Santa had the perfect smile.  Allie...not so much.




Better luck next year, Santa.  We are 1 for 2 at this point.  Here's Allie at 3 weeks, 13 months and 2 years old with Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment