Sunday, October 21, 2012

Trick-or-Treat Trail

Yeah!  Another fall-October-Halloween-fun activity for Allie to participate in...and relatively inexpensive (only $8...and just for her, adults were free).  This was our first time going to the Trick-or-Treat Trail in Northville.  Nana and Papa came along for the fun since they live right there.  Allie dressed in her ladybug costume again...we are going to get a lot of use out of her costume this year. 


The Trick-or-Treat Trail was at Race Mills Village.  Allie insisted on walking on her own...and carring her bucket.  We went up to each of the houses and Allie put her goodies in her bucket.  She got candy, toys, balloons, and a bracelet. 

"Check out my spider ring, Dad!"

"Tick-or-TEET!"



Allie really surprised me when we came to the bracelet making station.  I didn't have high expectations for her being able to make it by herself.  Boy, did she surprise me!  She picked up those beads with her tiny fingers and placed them on her pipe cleaner.  "I do by myself."


Nana holding the beads for Allie.



Some highlights from our evening...

I had to drag Allie away from the dance area.  She wouldn't dance, but really enjoyed listening and watching the dancers.  If I wouldn't have picked her up (kicking and yelling), we would have been there all night.

The thing that caught Allie's eye as I carried her away was the GIANT penguin by the Kona shaved ice truck.  She then proceeded to stand in front of him and STARE...and stare and stare.  He wasn't really doing anything except waving to trick-or-treaters. 

A free shaved ice came with admission to the trail.  Allie took one sip and was done.  She's not a big fan.
Strolling with the boys.


Another successful fun fall event that Allie had a memorable time at...well, she might not remember it well...but Todd and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment