Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mini-Me

Packed up in the deepest, darkest corner of our basement lies a bin of clothing I used to wear when I was a baby/toddler.  After Allie was born I pulled it out, dusted it off, and dug through it.  Inside were lots of dresses (I was a very dressed up little one), some shirts and other odds and ends.  I hung these dresses up in Allie's closet so I would be sure to put her in them at the appropriate age.  Some of the dresses have no tags (these are the ones I can tell my mother had sewn for me) but most have no sizes.  Well, as Allie is growing and life is taking over, I'm kicking myself because she has already grown out of some and I didn't even get to put them on her. 

Here are some moments of Allie in my old clothes. 

Fun at the mall play area...that's my pink sweater.


Check out that fun shirt!  Does it look like it's straight out of the 70's?  I'm pretty sure my brother wore this shirt too.  Love the little dog on it though.



Here's Allie from last Easter.  She wore this navy gingham dress to visit the Easter bunny.  I LOVE this dress on her.  I'm sad I didn't have any other occasions to put her in it.



Here's Allie in another dress of mine.  Another gingham pattern...oh so sweet...



...and finally, here's the latest and greatest!  We attended a friends baby shower last week and I dug this dress out of her closet.  One of my FAVORITES!  I put it on her and it was a bit short, but I was determined to have her wear it.  Lucky for us Allie's friend Ainsley lives across the street and has a plethora of fun diaper covers with her initial on them.  What a coincident that Allie has the same initial!  Thanks Ainsley for letting us borrow one.  It worked out perfectly!  Does she look like a mini-me or what?



No comments:

Post a Comment