Sunday, July 29, 2012

Big Boo-Boo and Boston Bedroom

This weekend Todd and I finally painted our guest bedroom.  After living in our house for 6+ years, we are just not getting around to painting one of the last bedrooms (only one more to go...and I'm secretly hoping that room will be reserved for baby #2 one day). 

Painting with Allie around was a BIG challenge.  I taped while Todd occupied Allie...then Todd painted while I occupied Allie.  She wanted to be a part of EVERYTHING!  Touching the paint.  Climbing the ladder.  At one point I locked her and I in her bedroom just to keep her away from Todd and all the paint. 

Our morning was moving along fine until Allie walked upstairs to see what Todd was up to.  Todd came around the corner.  Allie saw him and thought he was chasing her (fun and games).  She turned around to run, thought she was on the ground when in fact she was one step up.  She missed the step...fell...and her head went crashing into the banister...right into the CORNER of the pole...which caused a HUGE BLUE WELT in the middle of her forehead.  I'm not kidding..HUUUUUUGGGEEE!  Allie screamed.  Todd ran.  I gasped. 

We tried the best we could to put ice on Allie's boo-boo.  She was miserable and hated every minute of it.  Screamed, and screamed...and screamed.  The ice helped a lot with the swelling, but there was still a mark.  The only thing that cheered Allie up was a little bit of Elmo watching on Mom's computer, while drinking her milk, and snuggling with her blanky.  POOR THING!




Overall the rest of the painting session went fine.  No other catastrophes...except for Todd and I getting a little snippy at each other...that was to be expected, lol.  Our guest bedroom came out GREAT!!!  I'm sooooo happy with how it turned out.  To keep a little bit of Boston near and dear to us...we hung up some memorable photos from Beantown.  Boston will always be part of our fondest memories of Allie's baby years.  There were many firsts that happened while we where there and we want to always remember our time as a family in the city on the hill.  The Hammerick Hotel is now open for business and taking reservations.  Allie would like to add that dogs and kids are welcome at any time.

It's hard to see, but the photo on the bedside table is of Allie sitting on one of the duck at the "Make Way for Ducklings" statue. 





I had these photos printed on large paper and wrapped them on canvas that I already had (some old paintings I didn't like anymore).  I love how they come out!  So cute and so cheap!

More photos of downtown Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment