Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is This A Joke?

Ecstatic, denial, elated, shocked, sad, relieved, proud...these were all the feelings that swarmed my heart last night when I opened Todd's transfer orders.  Yes, that's right!  Two years of Todd living like a Bostonian are about to come to an end.  No more $400 (sometimes more) flights to and from.  No more apartment living. No more not knowing which residence our belongings are at. 

I'm thrilled Todd, Allie and I will be living under one roof (our roof) for the first time in Allie's life.  We'll get to have breakfast together every morning and both Todd and I will get to experience Allie's bedtime routine...every night...not just on weekends and vacations.  We'll get to have dinner together in the evenings and take those after dinner walks together. I'll get to maybe go to the gym during the week and not just on the weekends.  Working out to videos all the time is getting old. 

This brings a whole new stress...but a GOOD stress.  MOVING!  Where are we going to put all this stuff?  We have furniture to move, baby equipment, and an entire kitchen and bathroom full of stuff.  This should be fun (sarcasm).  Update to come later.

I can't help but to feel a little sadness at the same time.  I was actually looking forward to spending the summer in Boston.  It's a GREAT place to be in the summer.  The city is fun.  I have friends now to do things with.  I still had places I wanted to go and see...Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, the Cape.  I'm very sad to be leaving our friends.  Allie and I have grown close to the "Melrose Moms" as we call them.  We met the moms on a meetup.com and have been hanging out ever since.  We've have play dates, birthdays, pool parties, and visits with the Easter Bunny.  These girls are like my family out there and I can't believe I won't be seeing much more of them.  Thank you Lindsay, Alison, Lan, and Karen for being our friends.  Allie and I appreciate you girls (and the babes) and we are going to miss you dearly. 

I can't even begin to explain how thankful Todd, Allie and I are for the super supportive friends and family we have here at home...especially Todd's parents.  They have been our rock these past two years.  I'm not really sure how I actually made it through.  All while being pregnant, having a baby, going back to work...this single mom thing was HARD.  I missed Todd.  I felt like I missed out on quality time I could have been with Allie because I was doing it ALL, all the time.  I wouldn't take it back though.  This is a dream my husband had and I was going to support him. When he shared his dream with me and started to pursue it, deep down I knew this would become a reality.  I just had to figure out a way to make it work...and we did. We did it!  We made it work!  I'm so pround of him for making his dream a reality.  I'm so proud of myself for being a trooper...and SUPER MOM!  I'm also thankful I got to live in Boston and I have to say that is pretty cool.  I know Todd doesn't feel exactly the same way, but I'm thankful that I got to see and experience a place that I might have not ever got to visit.  Boston is a neat city and fun to be a part of.  I'll miss the convience of the T, the endless opportunity of things to do, and green monster ice cream. 

As each day passes, we are one day closer to being together for good.  It won't be long now before we can move on with our lives.  We have plans...plans for our house, plans for vacations, plans for living our lives the way they were meant to be lived...together.  Our life plans have been put on hold these past two years, but now we can finally move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment