Monday, January 2, 2012

Furniture is Not for Biting

Allie is beginning to look like a little person with all the teeth she has growing in.  She is looking more like a toddler and less like my little baby (tear).  She now has 4 top teeth and 2 bottom teeth.  I really need to get her a tooth brush of her own.  I don't think chomping on her Dad's toothbrush she finds in his bathroom cabinet (while I try to get ready for work in the morning) really counts as "brushing your teeth." 

When her teeth starting coming in I wasn't sure if she would be a biter or not.  Her crib is wood and I would like it to last.  It transforms into a full size bed.  I really don't want little teeth marks all over her bed when she's a teenager...and yes, I plan on her using her bedroom furniture for a while...a long while.  So, I was on the hunt for a teether for her crib rail.

The baby stores sell something to put on cribs for this purpose, but anyone who knows me would guess that I'm not going to put some ugly, yucky looking plastic thing on her crib.  I looked on Etsy and found some super cute pads for crib rails.  That was great and all, but I didn't want to pay for what they were going to charge me...and it HAD to match the rest of her room decor.  I had some leftover fabric from when I decorated her nursery and I went to work on my sewing machine.  Whaaa-laa!  Cute, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment