Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy 1st Thanksgiving, Allie!

This Thanksgiving I have a lot to be thankful for.  I'm so thankful my beautiful daughter, Allie, is in my life and that she is a GREAT baby (sleeping, eating and developing well).  She brings me joy and happiness each and every day.  I'm thankful for my family of three.  My heart is overwhelmed with love seeing my husband interact with Allie...such a joy.  I'm thankful that my husband absolutely LOVES his job and is a happier person because of it.  I'm so glad it is all that he thought it would be and more.  I'm thankful that my mom is in a better place.  This year was hard with her passing but I know it was for the best.  I believe she is watching over us and will see Allie grow up into a wonderful young lady. I'm thankful for my wonderful friends in both my homes...MI and MA.  Without you girls, I wouldn't be able to keep my head on straight throughout my crazy, unusual lifestyle.

This Thanksgiving, I didn't start off by feeling this way though.  I was a little bummed out that I wasn't going to spend Allie's first Thanksgiving in our HOME surrounded by our family.  I had envisioned my baby's first holiday's a certain way (long before she was born) and the way Thanksgiving happened this year, was not in my plan.  I wondered what Todd, Allie and I would do this Thanksgiving, being away from home.  I didn't want to cook the three of us dinner...not worth it.  I didn't want to go out to eat...depressing and non-special.  Luckily my new mommy friend, Karen, invited all three of us to her house for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was laid back, very casual, and a house full of children...it was PERFECT!  We felt so welcomed!  Thank you Karen for including your new friends in your Thanksgiving holiday.  My Thanksgiving turned out to be a good one, when I at one time was convinced it was going to be a depressing one.  It made me realize that no matter what I had previously envisioned as Allie's 1st Thanksgiving...all that REALLY matters is that we were all together for Thanksgiving.

And the other thing that mattered is that I had a super cute outfit to put Allie in!  It was her only 1st Thanksgiving and there were a lot of photos taken.  She had to look her cutest ever!







Allie enjoying her Thanksgiving dinner...crackers, stuffing, celery, pumpkin pie and CHEESECAKE!



Allie brought home another adorable art project from day care for Thanksgiving.  It immediately went up on the refridgerator.  What an artist!


No comments:

Post a Comment