Monday, September 5, 2011

Back To School

Every Memorial Day I get the same jittery feeling..."Summer is almost here!" 

Every mid-June I get the same relieving feeling..."School's out for summer!" 

Every 4th of July I get the same feeling of disbelief when I walk into Target..."NOOOOO!!!!  Why are they school supplies out?  Summer JUST started!" 

Every August I get the same sad feeling..."Summer is almost over." 

And...every September I get the same in denial feeling..."Back-to-school."



With every summer vacation, comes a back-to-school.  It's that time again.  It's my 10th back-to-school.  Yep!  This will be my 10th year teaching.  After I complete this school year, my pension will be vested within the state of Michigan.  I can collect retirement (if I'm still around to get it...and if there's any to get) whenever I get to the age you collect retirement at.

This back-to-school is a lot different than my past 9.  This year I have Allie.  I spent all summer with my little pal.  We were buddies.  We did everything together.  We napped, we shopped, we played, we exercised.  We were basically inseparable (mostly due to the fact that we don't have a babysitter in Boston).  Regardless, this year going back to school is going to be a little more difficult. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to make it alone?  It's me...and only me...taking care of EVERYTHING!  I know I can do it...I would just rather be doing it a different way.  I'm also a little nervous about leaving my Allie at day care. She has never been to day care.  I know she will be fine and I feel good about having her in day care.  She'll get to be away from me and around other people and kids.  This is a good thing.  But, I would just like to be a fly the wall all day and watch her.  Not that I don't trust my day care ladies (they are great!) But I just don't want to miss out on anything in Allie's life.  I made her, now I want to see her at all times.  Some parents would feel differently about this, but I guess because of my struggles to have her, I don't want to miss a thing.  I want to be a part of everything and I want her around me. 

How many days till summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment