Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry 1st Christmas, Allie!

Did I mentions how much I LOVE Christmas?  I had the warmest feeling in my heart this morning waking up and seeing presents under the Christmas tree and a stocking bulging full of new toys, teethers and butt paste. 

Last night, as our family always does, we have Christmas Eve dinner, desserts and Christmas cookies, then we all gather around the Christmas tree to open our gifts.  We do have a system, of course...what family doesn't?  The youngest person opens one present.  Then the next youngest opens one present, and so on.  Usually Todd is the youngest (yes, he is younger than me...only by 2 months though), but this year our Allie girl will have the joy of opening the very first Christmas present.  Todd and I took turns opening Allie's gifts for her as visions of sugarplums dances through her dreams.  Allie napped the entire Christmas present opening session in various family members arms.  She was all swaddled up wearing her "Daddy's Little Girl" outfit that Grandma gave her. 



Allie recieved many wonderful gifts from family.  She got a very cute keepsake box for her 1st lost tooth and first lock of cut hair from Grandma and Grandpa.  Allie received a bunch of cash to start her own bank account.  Diapers, wipes and other small toys were wrapped up too.  Allie's first Christmas would not be complete without a "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament...or two...or three. 

On Christmas morning (after feeding and diaper changes) Mom and Dad took Allie down to see what jollly St. Nick brought for her during the night.  Santa blessed Allie with blankets and books, rattles and toys. 

Allie on Christmas Day



This Christmas was by far the most loving Christmas I've had.  My heart was exploding with overwhelming joy as I gazed at my family of three on this special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment